If you’re using Smartsupp, but also Google analytics on your website, maybe you’ve noticed that sometimes the number of visitors displayed in Smartsupp is different than the number of visitors in Google analytics. You don’t have to worry about this, the difference is not caused by some bug or issue, it’s there simply because Smartsupp and Google analytics are different tools, and as such are using different metrics to measure the number of active visitors on your website. The most common causes of the difference in numbers are:
- The main difference may be caused by the way of measuring the number of visitors in each tool:
- In Smartsupp you can see the visitors, who have your website opened. They will disappear in ± 30 seconds after leaving your website.
- Real-time report in Google analytics is also showing you the visitors on your website, but in this case, the visitor disappears in ± 5 minutes after leaving the website.
- A visitor is using ad blocking extensions or scripts (e.g., Adblock) - In this case, the chat script isn’t loaded, and you can’t see this visitor in the dashboard. Majority of adblocking extensions isn’t blocking our script, but there are some special filter lists, which include Smartsupp.
- Filters - make sure that you aren’t using some special filters in both Smartsupp and GA. In Smartsupp, you can filter active visitors directly in the Visitor list. By default, In Smartsupp you can see active, as well as inactive visitors. In google analytics real-time overview, its just active visitors.
- Groups - In case you are using the feature groups, agents can only see the visitors, who belong to their groups.